What do teeth falling out in a dream mean?
- Teeth falling out in dreams symbolize change.
- They indicate fear of losing something important.
- For Freud, this symbol mostly points to sexual repression and the desire to… >> Read more about teeth falling out dream interpretation
Popular Dream Interpretations
- Dream about Teeth Falling Out (all dream meanings):
Teeth falling out dream meanings
Dreaming about breaking teeth
Seeing crumbling teeth in a dream
Dream of losing your teeth
Missing teeth dream
- Pulling out teeth:
Pulling out teeth dream
Don’t want to do it alone? Do you want a dream interpretation? The best way to get answers now is by chatting with a live psychic. Oranum is the largest community of spiritual counselors and we highly recommend their services. Click here to chat live now for free.
Dream Psychology: Freud and Jung
The interpretation of teeth falling out in dreams has been widely covered in psychology. Freud associates this symbol to sexual references, such sexual repression or fear of castration for men.
Jung and many other contemporary dream interpreters have a wider perspective and focus their analysis on symbols of personal power and the ability to renew oneself. For instance, they prefer to talk about the representation of loss or the process of releasing the old to give place to the new, as opposed to focusing only on more Freudian sexual references.
About This Dream Interpretation Guide
The purpose of this guide is to provide all dreamers, no matter what their level of familiarity with dream analysis is, with the information they need to decipher a meaning that makes sense to them quickly and easily.
This guide is not your standard “fortune-telling” or esoteric dream interpretation web site. On the contrary, it offers definitions and advice based on research in psychology and dream analysis inspired by famous psychologists such as Jung, Freud, and other contemporary dream interpreters.
Latest Dream Research
Dream Study: Women More Susceptible to Dream About Teeth Falling Out?
Recent psychological research suggests that women are more likely to have dreams about teeth falling out than men are (Source: “Typical Dreams: Stability and Gender Difference”. Psychological Reports, 1984). Other common dream themes for women are enjoying eating good food, being locked up and failing a test.
Links Between Dreams About Teeth Falling Out and Depressive States
Recent findings in the field of dream interpretation research indicate that people who have recurring dreams about losing teeth or teeth falling out tend to be anxious and depressed. (Source: “The Loss of Teeth in Dreams: An Empirical Investigation”, Psychological Reports)
What To Do When You Have An Anxiety Dream?
- Take a step back and re-frame the meaning of your dream: When you dream about your teeth falling out, don’t panic. Even though this kind of dream tends to fall in the category of most common nightmare, it is a sign that some important changes are in the works your life. On the positive side, it can be interpreted as an invitation to look at decisions you’ve made recently and assess whether they really fit your true needs and desires.
- Focus on the positive dream meanings: Be reassured, despite its negative associations, your “bad dream” may have positive meanings: Following the Jungian dream analysis perspective, one may see in it a representation of opening up to something new in your life, becoming more aware of what you truly need to cultivate in yourself and to fulfill your ambitions and desires. Such a dream may also point to opportunities to resolve a challenging situation more assertively and positively.
Do you want to have more success and joy in your life? The best way to do this is by learning more about your name through numerology. It is a 4,000 year old science that can help you learn the meaning of your name, because your name was no accident! All it takes is your name and date of birth, click here to get your free personalized numerology reading.
Dream Interpretation Must-Read