What does it mean when you dream about your teeth falling out?
Wondering what it means if you have a dream about your teeth falling out? You’re not alone. Teeth falling out in dreams is one of the most common anxiety dream scenario. Here are dream examples and how to interpret what they mean.
What is the meaning of a dream where your teeth fall out?
Here are 5 keys to interpreting a dream featuring teeth falling out:
- Positive meanings: starting something new, period of growth and development
- Negative meanings: insecurity, ambivalence, cost of inaction or compromising
- Dreams about teeth falling indicate times of change and feeling of loss
- Teeth falling out are symbols of a costly compromise, lack of balance in your life
- Intensity of the emotions in the dream are a reflection of tension felt in life
What do teeth dreams mean? Questions & answers
Here are interpretations of selected dreams shared by dreamers on this web site.
What does it mean? Teeth falling out and personal tension
“I had a dream that I was in the car with my Mom and a some guy. Then I wiggled my tooth and felt it was loose and it came out. Then after that another another two teeth came falling out. I was freaking out in my dream…”
Falynn describe a dream where she sees her teeth fall out and several symbols, such as a car and her mom, that will help decipher the meaning of her dream. >> Read the interpretation of Falynn’s dream
What does it mean? Bathroom settings in dreams of teeth falling out
“I had the strangest dream about all my teeth falling one by one out my mouth. I was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth in front of the mirror when I feel one of my tooth come loose. I keep brushing and suddenly I see one of my teeth fall out on the counter.”
Sandra shares a dream that takes place in a bathroom, an environment common for dreams about teeth falling out and that carries important clues for her dream interpretation. >> Read Sandra’s dream interpretation of teeth falling out
What does it mean? Teeth falling out symbols and need for support in life
“I had teeth falling out and my mouth filling with blood from where they had come from. I was so scared and crying in my dream, I was at my nans whom I’m very close to and she was comforting me. “
Emma shares a distressing dream where she sees her teeth fall one by one and struggles with her own despair, searching for relief. >> Read Emma’s dream interpretation
What does it mean? Losing teeth dream, job and family anxiety
“I have a pregnant wife and a two year old, and with the new job I will have to do quite a bit of traveling which is new to me/us; this has made me very anxious. In the first dream I was where I currently work talking with a good friend and one tooth fell out, and then all of a sudden the entire top of my mouth came out, gums and all; then all of the bottom teeth fell out one by one.”
Ryan’s dream echoes various sources of stress he’s having in his life: job responsibilities, pregnant wife, lots of work travels… The teeth imagery illustrate concerns and anxiety shared by a lot of us.>> Read Ryan’s dream interpretation
What does it mean? Losing teeth and mirror symbols in dreams
“I had to go to the bathroom for some reason, when I went into the bathroom all of a sudden I feel a lot of pressure in my mouth (no pain at all), so I look in the mirror at my teeth and and felt I should put my hand out.”
Britt’s dream has two common dream symbols: Losing teeth and a mirror. Mirrors and bathroom settings are often featured in dreams about teeth since they symbolize the need for self-reflection and privacy. >> Read Britt’s dream interpretation
Guide to the meanings of teeth in dreams
Losing teeth dream
Losing teeth in dreams is a common theme in dream interpretation. This type of dream could be a useful indicator of:
- Lingering fears about losing control, fear about “losing it”, whether it’s control over your life, your own sanity or people around you;
- Fear about losing your edge, your “bite” on life.
See also Falling Teeth Dream.
Teeth being pulled out dream
The dream imagery symbolizes how painful or difficult the experience of change is […] >>Read more about pulling out teeth dreams.
People also have many other kinds of teeth dreams:
- Animal teeth
- Chewing on something
- Fake of false teeth
- Missing tooth
- Rotten teeth
- Spitting out teeth
Fake or false teeth dream
False teeth or a fake tooth in a dream represent:
- Conventional masks or facades you put in social settings or to protect yourself.
- Field of illusions; lies told to yourself or others.
- Lack of trust in your natural gifts, physical, mental or emotional self.
Spitting out teeth dream
Spitting out teeth in a dream indicate:
- Anxiety about losing your effectiveness or good looks.
- Desire to say something that has been repressed for a while; contained emotion, especially anger or agressivity, that need to be expressed or acknowledged more fully.
Rotten tooth or teeth dream
Rotten teeth in a dream represent:
- Something you’ve said that you regret;
- Feeling bad about something that happened to you or others;
- Conflict that is of concern, but not yet fully addressed or acknowledged.
Missing tooth dream
Missing a tooth in a dream could represent:
- Feeling of loss.
- Anxiety about losing effectiveness or power in social life.
See also Losing Teeth Dream.
Animal tooth or teeth
If you dream about having or seeing an animal tooth, it could refer to:
- Your instincts or emotions are coming to the surface and need to be acknowledged.
- Aggressiveness, repressed primal instinct or motivation.
Look at the meaning corresponding to the specific animal.
Dream of chewing on something
Chewing on something in a dream is symbolic of:
- Ability to analyze or integrate new information or events
- A situation or habit you need to reflect on in order to better understand.
Look at what you’re eating to see which qualities or information you need to better integrate into your life.